Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I've Missed Blogging + Quilts

Happy New Year! 
One of my goals for 2013 is to blog more. 
I know I have been very lousy about keeping up with the blogging. 
But I have a fairly good reason. 
I've been sewing...every.waking.minute. 
that I am not either 
working, helping with homework, car-pooling 
or trying to keep the house in some kind of order.
I am enjoying it too! 
But I haven't had much of a chance to sew in the past month. 
The holidays blew through here at lightening speed and 
then for the past 10 days we have had the nasty flu bug going through our house. 
It's been a rough 10 days to say the least. 
So last night I was feeling a little more like my old self 
and I was able to sit down with Betsy and sew. 
Betsy is my sewing machine and oh how I have missed her in this last month. 
Her and I have become very good friends :) 
I am really surprised at how much I love sewing. 
If you would have asked me a year ago to make a quilt..
I would have fell off my chair laughing...
But here I am today and I LOVE it! 
It's really reached a creative side of me that I
did not know existed. 
Even though I always felt very creative with scrapbooking
sewing has just reached a much different area of my creativity 
and I am really enjoying it. 

Here are a few of the quilts that I have been working on the past few months. 

This is a quilt that I made for my mom for christmas. 
I did a rag quilt and she loved it! Not to mention it was quite fun to do!

This is a quilt I made for a friend of mines daughter she has twins a boy and a girl and this was the girly one... 




 This is the little boy one...

I tied them up and shipped them out and both kiddos loved them! 

This one I did for myself...totally love the Sweetwater fabric :) 

This is our new favorite beach quilt...Salt Air


putting it to good use in the Florida sunshine :) 

This is one I did for a good friend of mine who I have worked with for many years that was retiring. She has the most amazing taste in color and these are her favorite colors. When she opened the gift she kept saying 
"I can't believe you picked all my favorite colors this is amazing!" 
I was really pleased with how this quilt turned out and even though these are not my typical colors it was one of my favorite quilts to do. 
It has made me branch out more in my color selections. :) 




 Well, that is all for now. I have a few more quilts to show you but I will save those for another post. Not to mention that I need to charge my good camera so I can take better pictures.
 All the ones above I took with my iPhone ;) 

Thanks for stopping by :) 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...